Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Spanish Tongue

The noise that was once was used to describe pure torture now has come full circle. We have grown quite fond of it and have deemed it to be the Spanish Tongue. Cleary this ability to roll the Rs does not come from Renee or her Austrian decent (Which sounds like an awkward lion).



This new happy Spanish Tongue can be heard around bed time coupled with some serious excitement. This reminded me of how crazy bed time actually was growing up. It was the pinnacle of day. You brought out your biggest guns, anything to avoid actually going to sleep. I hope she doesn't suffer the same fate as me during nap times in early school days. My nap time in school days were 20 minutes of torture. It was a mix of wondering how the other kids were able to sleep, the crinkle of the cheap plastic mat, and trying to corrupt the closest sleeper to me.

I also remember a tactic of Steve Moss during later years which was to allow me to stay awake but only if I watched Cspan. 100% success rate.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers