Sunday, April 11, 2010

Public enemy #1 and #2







This week marked yet another reminder that you should burn any and all literature that uses the word "should" when referring to baby developmental milestones. Not only will you not be there but you will probably reverse direction. Just when we had reached a point where we desperately needed some redemption sleep, ICE to the rescue. Boasting 2 consecutive nights with power outages.

In the middle of this post I was reminded of something far more interesting while talking with Elijah and Raina. I had lost a past post which was on the names of the baby had Fischer been a boy. I must preface my list by saying that they were selected with an attempt to find obscure names that would be cool. However not even 4 months later my names list was resurrected and I saw the error in my ways. Here was my list which had me rolling with laughter.
Caelen
Torrey
Dempsey
Taro
Sy
Sidney
Royce
Osei

Thank God Renee was there to veto most of these.

I'll leave you with my all time favorite name I found while searching for names. Lisimba. It means one who is attached by a lion.

This week we also had her first laugh at the hands of Elijah. Although I was a little sad the first laugh wasn't at me, after further video review I had to admit what he was doing was really funny and actually made me laugh. The laugh has not been able to be replicated so this is the only footage of this rare event.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel better, Caroline's first laugh wasn't brought on by us either...she laughed at our crackhead dog Tater doing "zoomies" around the basement! Justin said you are coming to GA for a bit this summer. When? We will be back sometime in July...to stay for a couple years.

    ReplyDelete

Followers